12 from same family taken ill due to poisonous mushroom in Sarlahi

A total of 12 members from the same family were taken ill after eating poisonous mushroom curry at Ishworpur-11 in Sarlahi district on Sunday night.

All family members of Brij Kumar Majhi were grew sick, said Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Pratit Singh Rathor. DSP Rathor shared that the sick persons were Majhi’s wife Raj Kumari Majhi,55 and their 32-year-old son Paltu Majhi, 28-year-old daughter-in-law Sabita Majhi, six-year-old granddaughter Rinku Majhi and four-year-old grandson Abinash Majhi.

Similarly, fallen ill were 31-year-old son Biltu Majhi, his wife 27-year-old Anju Dev Majhi, their 10-year-old son Amit Majhi, five-year-old and three-year-old daughter Priyanka Majhi and Menuka Majhi.

The family had brought the wild mushroom from the nearest forest. The head of the family Brij Kumar is receiving treatment at the local healthcare facility while the rest 11 were sent to Janakpur for further treatment, according to the police.

Since the family was learned to have impoverished situation, they were sent to the Hospitals in aid of the ward office and police, said DSP Rathore.

Comment below to have your say on this story.

If you have a news story or tip-off, get in touch at info@nepalheadline.com  

Sign up to Nepal Headline Newsletter

Leave a comment:

Your email address will not be published. All fields are required

Advertisement
Advertisement